Chugach Mountain Quilters Guild – An educational and charitable guild; open to anyone interested in learning about the art of quilt making.
Community Outreach Programs:
- Love Patches/Comfort Quilts are quilts donated to the Office of Children’s Services & to people in the community who have suffered a traumatic event (fire & home damage, some sort of displacement, etc.)
- Quilt contributions to “Quilts of Valor”, a nationwide organization providing quilts to soldiers returning home.
- Donated quilts to various organizations for their fund raisers – Operation Kid Comfort, CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) & Friends of Pets.
- Guild sponsored classes, lectures and workshops.
- Annual retreats that focus on quilting projects to assist in the further education of members.
- (New) Various young people events for teaching sewing (Scout troops, campfire kids, school groups, etc.)
- Extensive lending library for member.
- General membership meetings that provide innovative tips and techniques.
The Chugach Mountain Quilters Guild (CMQG) was organized in March 1994. We are located in Eagle River, Alaska. Our purpose is to educate our members and the community regarding quilts and the art of quilt making. We undertake projects that meet the IRS guidelines, Section 501(c)(3), of the Internal Revenue Code.